Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

The way I look at it: re: radio

Is that even though the quality of Internet Radio, (and I'm including Pandora, Live365, Soundcloud, Sirius), is that you get far, far, far, more stations than you ever could with an antenna, and you have less trouble & its associated static with dialing in a station/app.

In that sense, - I'll take it for what it is, - and be happy with no static, - which I've always hated. As a songwriter/musician, - radioplay, - and its associated, (for lack of a better word), fascism, - has always been a problem anyway. And, what comes out has always been compressed.

I don't know about streaming with the Pioneer; but a dedicated digital file transport, (whether it's capable of streaming internet radio or not), does offer up a lot of flexibility and convenience.

It is very hard to come up with a scalable solution that is both cost effective & sounds awesome. IMO, the reasoning behind separate components for separate functions, {as is tradition with high end audio}, still offers great wisdom. The genius of the Squeezebox is that it is, (almost), only a transport... A product like the Sim Audio Mind, (and hopefully it will have more and more "sister" products soon), plugs right in as a higher quality Squeezebox replacement. (Recognizing that there are a small number of feature apps that the Mind currently doesn't have available, but is/will soon be, capable of).

Cheers,

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • The way I look at it: re: radio - Sordidman 09:29:53 08/13/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.