Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: thoughts on Spotify connect on the bluesound node vs. Chromecast with google music unlimited

Thanks bullet.

If I'm looking at Mac minis, is there anything I need to insure that the one I get comes with? If I get one with a 1 or 2 TB hard drive I can just use it as a "server", correct? ie download/save purchased content

I plan on using my 55" Samsung TV as a monitor and getting a wireless keyboard and mouse for the coffee table.

I don't think I would need to download drivers, as the DAC2DSD interface is now driverless for mac and linux, though that would have been no big deal. https://wyred4sound.com/products/dacs/dac-2-series

I DID get the Femto clock upgrade for $150 so it was $1,650 total. Not exactly cheap .. but I have been using old digital for 20 years (modified Pioneer PD-65)... so it was time.

Looking forward to accessing mucho content at high resolution for the monthly $10 fee.

I will still do some thrift and used bookstore scouring for old vinyl and CD finds for a while though I suppose. Can't be too much of a couch potato lol.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.