Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

thoughts on Spotify connect on the bluesound node vs. Chromecast with google music unlimited

So I pay $8 a month for Google music since I signed up early and have that into a chromecast which connected to HDMI to spdif converter into my DAC, and a bluesound node into the same DAC which has Spotify connect for $10 a month. I prefer the bluesound/Spotify setup. Thinking about cancelling google music as I use it on my tablet to sync albums on my commute to and fro work. It seems I can do the same with a Spotify app. Will maybe report back, I have been a huge Ogg vorbis fan and find I prefer that compression algorythm to plain old MP3. Even at the high 320kbps bitrate which Google uses. Spotify using ogg takes the cake with more midrange fullness. Not as harsh with the artifacts as mp3 is.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - thoughts on Spotify connect on the bluesound node vs. Chromecast with google music unlimited - bullethead 18:22:44 07/16/14 (16)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.