Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

EVGA 750 G2 a review

Why review a power supply? Well they make a major contribution to the sound of any component. For the PC changing a power supply is easy as 4 screws and a couple of connectors.

I recently read about the Super Flower 750w PS and in the review this SMPS has the lowest ripple of any commercial product. This had my interest as I have normally used the Seasonic 400w fanless for my builds. For what ever reason for my main server this time I used the PC Power and Cooling Silencer MIII 400w. The Super Flower is imported into the USA as the EVGA 750 G2 Gold Power Supply.

Images are more solid the Victrola is more relaxing and more natural. A nice improvement at a modest cost in the audio world. (about $130)

I have just ordered my first linear power supply and I can see where this is going after reading many threads on the subject. I will be putting this linear into the streaming server on the new PP USB card that is 1/2 in its breakin period.

Associated equipment is listed here:

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/8490.html

Cheers!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - EVGA 750 G2 a review - panhead 15:03:38 07/14/14 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.