Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Will be happy to exit as well: but your analogy embarasses you

You may want to think about the ridiculousness of the broccoli comment.

(see also Tony's comment (right on) below in this thread).

No point in me repeating what I said above, as you are just repeating that you do not see science as qualitative.

""It's possible to believe both that science is qualitative and that this is not an example of science.""

No, it meets ALL of the criteria of the definition!! All of it. It might be poor science, - but it meets all the criteria.

The fact that FMAK conducted 3 different tests, and the corroboration from several other people who've experimented and tested cables from external hard drives, AND the explanations offered; all point to a preponderance of evidence that points to the likelihood of a SQ difference in context: and is indeed a scientific investigation.

The fact that you stand against this, and are closing your mind to the possibility of any SQ change, shows that you're the one who has determined that there can only be one outcome: this makes you a naysayer. There will never be any test or "science" that will be adequate for your position.

Quite simply, the end result of what you ultimately hear/interpret in a music playback system interacting with your room is indeed a complex process. And our hearing/minds are capable of distinguishing subtle differences in timing and pitch of music. People who have built up, tons of experiences, and have performed testing largely agree. You can NEVER get an accurate indication of how a component behaves in a system without actually hearing it. Almost no one with experiences makes assertions and hangs on to these naysaying positions like yours: it simply does not happen.

From my perspective, it is clear: you are unwilling to garner any experiences for yourself, coupled with an unreasonably strident "burden of proof" when interpreting the results of others investigations clearly shows that you choose to remain ignorant: and further engagement would be a fools errand.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Will be happy to exit as well: but your analogy embarasses you - Sordidman 10:39:49 07/11/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.