Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

A few words about SATA and not only SATA cables

Hello, everybody!
Just reading the debate about Fred's ideas on cables made me laugh.
Really, people, we are spending so much time DEBATING, why not try for ourselves. As for my personal experience, I can say that not only shielded vs unshielded sata cables affect the sound (even with memory player), but even the position of plug-in slot affects it, I mean master 0 or master 1. Thus, a sata-to-esata cable on my mobo when plugged into esata slot is worse than plugging the external hdd into a master 0 position, next, when You will remove all unnecessary harness of Your power supply, reduce the length of remaining cabling of a power supply, You will get a huge gain in sq. Next, if You can get it, GET a mobo with two ps2 slots to plug the mouse and keyboard in and ERADICATE, ANNIHILATE, KILL FOREVER the usb, I don't personally know of anything on HW level that can affect the sound quality worse than usb. That is, if You can do wo usb for music playback. Try using TWO different power supplies there is a lot of data on green cable fixture to start the computer with two ps, just google it, If (and it is preferable)You use a add-on video card, use a pci-x card and try reducing in bios its timing. TRY things, people, and then return to the debate room, please.
Serge.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - A few words about SATA and not only SATA cables - steppe 14:02:18 07/10/14 (14)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.