Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

UA Apollo Twin Solo. RE: One interface to replace three ?..

Hi Nuno1959,

2 weekends ago I bought an Universal Audio Apollo Twin SOLO for a friend of mine who changed from a Dell Labtop (windows) to an Apple Macbook (with Thunderbolt interface).

The Apollo Twin got a rave review at Sound-On-Sound (SOS) in there juni 2014 edition.
Quotes from the June 2014 review:
- “A new level of audio quality for desktop interfaces.”
- “It offers uncompromising audio quality”.
- “Verdict:
All in all, I’m impressed with the Apollo Twin. To have matched the technical specifications of the original Apollo in such a compact device is no mean feat, and I can’t argue with UA’s claim that this is currently the best-sounding desktop interface on the market. (From the point of view of published specifications, the only rival that comes close is the Prism Sound Lyra, which has yet to arrive at SOS Towers for review.) “

Reading Soun-On-Sound reviews for many years on a row, I know most of there reviews are almost all spot on. There reviews highly correspond with what I hear myself when there’s an opportunity too hear that piece of equipment in real life.

So when my friend changed from a Dell Labtop (windows) to an Apple Macbook, I urged him too put the UA Apollo Twin on his short list.

Too make a long story short: The SOS review is right. In one word: WHAUW !!
What a sound quality !! And that for only 699,- Euro’

Once installed, I listened an whole evening too the Apollo Twin at my friends place.
The Apollo Twin also has that typical Universal Audio fingerprint in sound quality.
Universal Audio calls this: “Classic Analog Sound”.
While this “Classic Analog Sound” may not be ‘The Truth and nothing but the truth” it has al quality’s an audiophile wants to hear. Tons of detail, superior (3D-like) imaging and incredible ‘foot-tapping’ low’s and lower mid’s.

A must hear !!
Put it on your short list.
Being 699,- euro’s most music stores have it on stock and are able too demonstrate the Apollo Twin too you (here in The Netherlands that is)

Mark

Edits: 07/09/14 07/09/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.