Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

DOM SLC SSDs

I get very good sound out of a VIA CV700A low power industrial PC.

There are no cables and the DOM directly plugs into the MB socket.
Music is on a 500G SSD connected with 15cm of individually shielded Sata cable. The pitfall has been that it won't do 352k dsd to pcm transcoding realtime. So I have been looking for more powerful cpus such as the 35W Pentiums fanless.

I don't know how to reply except that I think one has to try and listen, whilst sticking to first principles in use and build.

For me, all power rails are measured on my Tetronix 450MHz scope and SSDs power sources are separate. The power rails are silenced to reduce switching noise and impulsive spikes when there is power demand from the cpu.

I run nothing on my audio pcs except audio and I can run any MS OS using ejectable SSDs.

A repeatedly powerful thing to do is to use a script to move audio to one cpu and other processes to another or others. The result is a small but worthwhile Improvement to me. In the process, all other useless services are disabled and usb latency is very low.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.