Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

He knows it is not the ideal

I cannot point to an example but I feel sure fmak knows it is not the perfect way since he, and we, know there is no perfect way. Not as if CD transports are without their limitations.

But it doesn't mean we should not try and see how close we can come.

There are those who do think that the PC can do well. The fellow who is developing MQNPlayer is convinced that the PC can be better than any CD transport and many who have listened to his minimalist software agree with him.

YET, he knows, too, that there has to be a better way. And there will be a better way eventually. But in the interim ...

I think if anything comes across as ludicrous it is the MAC worship of so many. I consider it the ultimate example of plug and play dreaming. Just look at that gleaming metal box and tell me this isn't the best - as much a fashion statement as a machine.

The player is the most important aspect, and I disagree with fmak on his player choices, but to say that a MAC out of the box is some kind of excellent device for audio playback is a little silly.

Plenty of people elect to not post their systems due to fear of thieves

I live in semi-rural Georgia and have little fear anyone wants my stuff. I doubt they could get it to work if they got it out of the house. So giving carcass a hard time for not posting his system is more foolishness. He has good reason to not want to post his gear and it should be respected.

(I love the cat)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.