Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: "off-the-shelf Apple product might be better, or certainly no worse" - that's where it all falls apart.

"off-the-shelf Apple product might be better, or certainly no worse"

"off-the-shelf Apple product MIGHT be better, or certainly no worse"

Key word: 'might'

Complete sentence from my post above:

"Ignoring completely the fact that some might suggest that an off-the-shelf Apple product might be better, or certainly no worse."

Note that I am not advocating a position, just suggesting that SOME MIGHT and, again, the word 'might', not necessarily stating it as a fact.

That said, I HAVE heard Gordon's Apple based system, both at RMAF last year as well as prior years, and as usual it sounded every bit as good as ANY computer based digital playback system at the show. Better than YOU THINK YOUR SYSTEM SOUNDS? Not likely! ;-)

OK, those plasma tweeters pictured above MIGHT have had something to do with it. :-)

As far as the 'journey' is concerned, I've attended nearly a dozen CES/T.H.E. shows (even go married at CES in 2007 with Romy the Cat NOT being asked to be Best Man!), every RMAF but one all the VSACs but one a few more too numerous to even remember.

So while I certainly am not an 'expert' like you, and the system I listen to is hardly worth bragging about, I've heard a bit of gear and know a few folks responsible for producing it.

Oh, and at least I do post my pathetic-assed audio system on Inmate Systems!

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.