Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Sound Quality Changes caused by Sata cables.

I was talking about DIY pc's and was referring to the components used to assemble with.

"If systems, can you please explain the difference between a system assembled by a manufacture vs DIYer?"

Companies like HP, Dell etc when selling systems into Europe need declarations of conformance and to display the CE mark as required by law in order to legally sell there. While it's possible to self certify, if one doesn't actually meet the requirements to pass there are stiff legal penalties which can get applied. DIY assembled PC's exist with no legal scrutiny presumably other than the applicable requirements on the components purchased used to create them. Often subtle but important construction/configuration differences can be found in compliant systems as compared with DIY boxes...spread spectrum possibly being turned on by default for example. Not to say DIY boxes can't ever be good just that until someone tests it there is no way to know.

You can get these declarations of conformance for the systems off the websites usually. They are legally required and so are available by request if not posted.

Edits: 07/06/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.