Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Sound Quality Changes caused by Sata cables.

"What should we be listening for?"

Good question. No singular answer. In general it's out-of-band amplitude variations that may get "detected" at various spots in the audio gear and the ilk of errors depends upon where the detection occurs and what the interfering signal looks like.

Back in my day sonny... The common problem was AM broadcasts and that was pretty obvious. Nowadays interference is likely to be more subtle. Not being a believer in the evilness of Z-beads, when I get a new component I usually make a pass of putting them on it's various wires like power and I/O's just to see if I hear any difference. I'd like to say that I'm thorough and analytical and chase things down to root cause. But... most of the time if they improve things, I just leave them.

One system instance in a single environment with a single user is a far cry from trying to insure adequate performance for everybody everywhere! Yes... our home stereo's really ARE about us!

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sound Quality Changes caused by Sata cables. - rick_m 11:16:04 07/06/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.