Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Sound Quality Changes caused by Sata cables.

A PC is just a sum of it's parts. It only takes a single noisy component to ruin your installation. When building up from scratch one must scrutinize everything, especially when there are no plans to have the final configuration tested for compliance as a unit...like most of us home assemblers could never afford to do.

It's pretty easy these days to find parts which can comply with both EN55022-1 and FCC part15 B. I would never use anything less. FCC part 15 class B is pretty strict and good guideline but personally I require the CISPR B compliant gear for the fact that it must also comply with the rest of the fairly strict euro requirements beyond just the emissions part of it. Some of that stuff such as flicker compliance and the harmonics initiative compliance just makes sense to me.

Of course one must take some of these fly by night companies claims with a grain of salt. Reputable manufacturers who've proven their ability to not cease to exist due to lawsuits are the way to go in my opinion.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.