Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: It is of course a computer, runs software, requires software updates and so on...

I can guarantee you that a Mini ITX motherboard is not PURPOSE BUILT to be an Audio Computer. It is stuffed with tons of general purpose parts for general purpose computing, many having no relevance to audio at all and are most likely manufactured in China/Taiwan as are most PC motherboards.

By limiting the functionality of the Operating System by removing non essential services on this computer, and eliminating the display, the manufacturer is doing exactly what many inmates here are doing with their general purpose music servers (computers).

If the Bryston BDP series is based on Auraliti architecture as you mentioned, then I guess all those Bryston buyers are being duped into believing it's not a computer??

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: It is of course a computer, runs software, requires software updates and so on... - AbeCollins 11:56:57 04/23/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.