Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: It is most definately a computer using low-profile 12volt Mini ITX motherboard and....

It's fun to see where things go over time and to be involved in the early days as you were.

I was simply struck with how well the motor:computer (for lack of a better generic term) analogy actually works. It's one of those things that would never have occurred to me but now that you've mentioned it has been shifting from "what?" to "OK" and is approaching "that's obvious".

Small motors were huge to my Mom. One of her pride and joys circa 1950 was an electric clock. It even had a little red dot that magically would appear if it had lost power. And the phone Co. had a time of day thing that was accurate for setting them. Just knowing the time used to be really hard but we were rolling in new times and technologies. Each new appliance was a thing of wonder, begone accursed treadle sewing machine and icebox!

It's sort of odd how audiophiles have become lagging adaptors, that certainly didn't used to be the case. I was buckling up in our Toyota mobile computer this morning to go to the dentist and the radio display said that it had connected to my cell phone which is normal. THEN it said it had connected to my music device. My what? I guess I could sing into it's speakerphone... Or maybe my cheapest-thing-available cellphone can store music? Don't know, don't care. I just punched up KWAX and listened to classical music on the way.

But in reflection I suppose that sort of thing IS progress. A couple more generations of Flash and prolly my closet full of music WILL fit in my pocket and can be rendered by headphones, cars, home stereos and ice-chests...

We may need some new fora.

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: It is most definately a computer using low-profile 12volt Mini ITX motherboard and.... - rick_m 22:31:30 04/22/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.