Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

We are in agreement

I just thought you were a little harsh.

There are lots of those places in Russia. You can get just about anything you want. I was told about them and they are interesting but I have found, strangely enough, that it is so much trouble to turn these downloads into something I can use that I would rather just spend the money! The old save you money waste your time conundrum ...

Most of the folks these days have such a strange view of value we may be the anachronistic ones in thinking one should have something you can hold in your hands. I am an LP guy and though I need reading glasses to read the jacket these days I like the idea that the best of my collection does have artistic and intrinsic value. I can see someone one hundred years from today wanting my LPs - I cannot imagine the same for any CD I own.

I am older than Chris so those records mentioned were never considered for purchase by me. I guess I was in a lucky period where there were more good records available than I had the money to purchase them. I have all but six or seven of every record I ever purchased. Not including the Beatles records my parents bought for me. Long ago destroyed ...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • We are in agreement - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 11:46:20 04/17/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.