Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

same here on the cloning, but even better

I have Acronis True Image clones of the two hard drives (4 drives total) that I use on my main desktop, all of which started off from a single drive build of just the OS. However,

-- two drives sit "unused" (ie, not used on a daily basis but they get updated a month or two after I'm sure updates/changes are not buggy),

-- one "in use" drive is dedicated to programs/software and is not used for internet browsing (no anti-virus/internet security/always-on/etc programs -- performance oriented setup) and

-- the other "in use" drive is dedicated to internet only (anti-virus/internet security and a couple of "expendable" programs).

If I'm in "program/software mode", the appropriate drive is connected. If I'm in "browsing mode", then that drive is connected.

Other than the shut down/start up time, the swap takes about 10 seconds and is better than any other method I've seen to lessen the risk of bad things happening.

And even if it did, I have a "practically" ready-to-go clone via Acronis in 15 - 30 minutes (depending on the drive). The backups are only used to clone to another drive.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.