Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Need more specifics....

"I am looking to find a way to simply stream my iTunes library without adding too much expense or additional equipment.

If you cannot add any additional equipment that pretty much limits your choices.

If you cannot add additional equipment then the answer is simple. Just physically connect the output of your computer that contains your music library directly to the amps via the computer's analog output using appropriate length interconnect, probably a 1/8" plug to RCA cable / adapter. Make sure the volume control on the computer is turned down.

If you are needing to wirelessly 'stream' your music library from a computer in a different location to your amps, then you will likely need to buy additional equipment.

My main setup consists of a Mac Mini computer in the basement where all the music is stored and it is directly attached to my DAC and associated main listening equipment.

However, from that same Mac Mini in the basement, I can wirelessly 'stream' the contents of it's music library up to our main level family room. For that, I use the $99 AppleTV box attached to a small amp. I can control the system from the Mac Mini in the basement (not very practical if I'm in the family room) or from my comfy sofa in the family room by using my iPhone, iPad, or laptop as the remote control.

Summary:
Mac Mini and music library in basement. AppleTV in family room attached to amp/speakers. iPhone, iPad, or laptop to control the system.

Another less 'fancy' method would be to use bluetooth transmission from your computer to a bluetooth receiver attached to your amps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.