Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: "Beautiful Digital Sound" is highly subjective, isn't it?

"The problem with digital sound, at least until fairly recently, is that most of it wasn't even "mediocre" it was more like "disgusting". (Or going way back to the 1980's, the word might even have been "vile".)"

I felt pretty much the same, never cared for digital until I started with computer audio. Even then I still preferred analog, but digital convenience was just too appealing for all but the most serious listening.

With my current system I do not miss analog. Quite an accomplishment IMO.

For fun I sill enjoy trying different things. I recently tried a new Linux program Daphile. It is actually a pretty nice program Very good Linux audio but IMO not as good as my current system or a maybe good MAC system. Worth giving a listen, the developer has done a very nice job.

Everyone has different a mindset, some technologists and inquisitive and others complacent.

Either one can enjoy music equally. One can be whomever they like, but IMO most "computer people" I know enjoy tech and still find it interesting even after all these years. Maybe some of us are still just young at heart.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.