Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: "sticking my head in a wrong place" - may be you did, may be not. Depends...

Indeed, some people do not consider me serious. And there are some people here who are doing things that I think are foolish. If they are happy with their system, then good for them. Some do not seem to be such, however, as they are constantly swapping out components, making new tweaks, etc., and this leaves me wondering if they have any time or even interest in listening to music.

I haven't seen many here who are qualified to make judgements outside a very narrow context of their personal experience. In their posts, most people show themselves to be hobbyists or dilettantes. In their posts, few show any understanding of the scientific method and what is needed to reach conclusions that go beyond anecdotal. Most people appear to me to be just puttering around, but perhaps they aren't and there's a lot they've done that doesn't appear in their posts. Far be it for me to judge their qualifications without meeting them in person and without hearing their systems. (The latter is the gold standard test for me.)

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "sticking my head in a wrong place" - may be you did, may be not. Depends... - Tony Lauck 12:32:14 04/01/14 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.