Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

One Day special on the Brick DAC™

Resonessence Labs claimed a while back on their web site that only a few audiophiles had been able to hear a difference between the SD card and the USB interface, with an older firmware rev. They also claimed that after a certain firmware rev, none of these people could hear a difference. I don't doubt this, but I'm sure that several of the vocal inmates here have yet to hear this product. Personally, I'm a bit suspicious of SD cards themselves. There may be the same "bits" stored in them from the normal user interface, but these bits may be physically stored in different places due to wear management algorithms. SD cards contain a microprocessor and some hackers have found how to program this processor for nefarious purposes. It would not surprise me that two "bit identical" files on an SD card might sound different, unless there's been a very good job isolating the SDcard reader and processing from the clock, DAC, IV and analog output circuits.

Another DAC that some customers report is immune to its digital input is PeterSt's Phasure NOS-1. Its physical construction lends credence to this being a design goal. This is another DAC that I'd like to hear.

Today, I am having a one day special on an audiophile edition of the Brick DAC™. I am taking pre-orders on this product. The product is priced in bitcoin and will be a bargain at 4.2 BTC. Payment in bitcoin must be received no later than 12:01 AM, EDST, April 2, 2014 to reserve your place in the first production batch. Payment should be sent to 1M2AntDLHvmshSHge5DBL2v4sVHCS45hUv

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • One Day special on the Brick DAC™ - Tony Lauck 11:17:33 04/01/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.