Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Glad you think so

"I have played around with SERVER quite a bit. I know what you can and cannot do with it"

Do you think that there are actual OS professionals that might know more than you. Not everyone is "PLAYING AROUND"...

"TO REPEAT: There is nothing in OPTIMIZER you could not do for yourself and that means no reduction in size. Beyond adjustments the next big step, as found previously with XP, is file deletions."

Thank you oh omnipotent one, we now know all we need to know. BTW, WTF does size on the disk have to do with anything??? smh... You really think DISK size matters... Are we in the dark ages? Should I be putting leaches on my computer also???

"Are you saying you know how to disable FILE PROTECTION? Are you saying the OPTIMIZER has discovered a way to disable FILE PROTECTION?"

I would always recommend using protection... :)

Try it yourself and see...

"What is the size of your WINDOWS folder? How much smaller is it than it was to begin with, before OPTIMIZER? I suspect it is the same size. In fact, I am sure it is."

Again... Why does that matter. It is what is running and how stable the OS is not how small.

"You need to look at other FORUMS and you will see there is not universal agreement that the OPTIMIZER is so optimum."

Really... Where is this???

"What modifications/improvements had you done to XP? Are you talking about XP as installed? If so, you have no ideal what XP could do."

Many moons ago, I have moved on. Sometime progress in a good thing. Until you have ACTUALLY done something and not just "played around" it would be nice if you don't insist you are correct. In this instance IMO you are not.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.