Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: It depends on the DAC

"Scrith makes a very valid point. Not sure why you can't accept that."

Because it is not a valid point IMO sorry. It is just a clueless assumption, or theoretical assertion. No fact, just fiction. Until you have this DAC in hand, why bother?

"And why are you so confrontational and defensive? You're starting to sound like another inmate here who lashes out if someone's opinion isn't in perfect alignment with his."

You tend to do the same thing over and over again when it comes to something you do not WANT to understand. You are entitled to your closed minded opinion, but please state them as such.

"Improved interfaces including async USB i/o, improved clocks, galvanic isolation, better power supplies. You can read about it here on the Asylum if you take the time. A lot of folks who are on the DAC of the month merry-go-round."

This has been longer that two years, and who HERE is using a DAC that is not pretty up to date? You are not using a Sound Blaster card. The DAC you think you are hoping for does not exist.

"Ah, who's chest beating and repeating over and over again about the virtues of Windows Server 2012 and AudioPhil's Optimizer? Seems we hear about it from you on a weekly basis, at least. We get it. You love Windows Server 2012 and AudioPhil."

Forgive me if I like progress. This is a hobby and should be fun and actually exciting. I have been doing this for a long time and still fondly remember great innovations I have listened to over the years.

"By show of hands or a reply post since we're on an internet forum, who here is running Windows Server 2012?"

Well actually allot of users, 500 all over the world. Pretty impressive IMO in such a short time. See link post #409. There is nothing wrong with progress. Some things are actually breakthroughs. IMO this one actually is.

Edits: 03/31/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.