Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Been to HD Tracks Lately?

I hadn't been there in a long while and stopped in to see what was new. WOW -- there is a ton of new stuff! The Warner Brother's store has one or two hundred really good albums. I downloaded quite a few things and was really, really pleased with the quality of the sound.

The only thing that was a bit underwhelming was a couple of Stones things that were downsampled from DSD. We had a couple of the SACD's when they came out and my memory is that they sounded better than the downloads.

But the PCM stuff sounded incredible. I got some downloads of some vinyl I purchased when it came out, and I think the digital sounds noticeably better. It's like what Neil Young has been saying on the talk shows about Pono -- the feeling and soul is back in the music.

I give a big thumbs up to David Chesky. I think he is doing a great job of making high-resolution digital available to everyone. If you haven't been there for a while, I think you'll be surprised. There is something for everyone there and new titles are going up all the time. A gift certificate wold make a nice holiday gift for any audiophile that has a computer audio setup.

Happy holidays,
Charlie Hansen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  A/V Solutions  

Topic - Been to HD Tracks Lately? - Charles Hansen 21:55:00 12/22/12 (43)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.