Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I'm Just about to start modding a Maverick Audio Product

>>>>bot, i'm thinking that the opamp you are pointing to is a dual, not a single, and that the bypass caps near it may prevent using a 2 single-dual adaptor into the socket.

Ahhh, thats a good point.

Maverick makes an optional opa627 board to fit into the sockets. I'm not quite sure how big it is, but if it can fit in the ones next to the tube I should have enough room for the bypass caps.

The Mundorfs I plan on using are 25mm or about 1" in dia. This is pretty close to the large square size around the WIMA cap. It might be a snug fit, we shall see....

I also plan on making a shield to go between the R-Core and the board, this might be a bit of a challenge. I think for sure the Shinkoh resistors will be larger than stock.

Here is a pic of a Havana Dac I modded. The Maverick will be modded with similar parts.

Upgrade Summary - Total 54 parts upgraded

-PCM56P-K grade chips x2 - classic NOS Dac sound and increased extension
-R-Core x1- increased impact and clarity across the spectrum
-Jupiter Caps x6- incredible lush textured sound but still clear presentation throughout
-ELNA Silmic and Silmic II x25 - electrolytic caps throughout - sound stage depth/width
-Shinkoh Tantalum resistors x6 - transformed the Dac into a different beast, now I can hear the harmonics of the tube. The music swings as it should, shimmer and sheen without glare. Shinkohs seem to remove the electronics from the music.
-Schottky Diodes x8- enhanced the character of the Shinkoh resistors a must have to get the full potential of Shinkoh
-Auricaps x5 - improved texture throughout the frequency range
-Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuse x1- provided more energy and impact

Edits: 07/11/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.