Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Just to clarify

It sounds as though there was a definite problem with the hardware of some sort, as the display also read "8 U 8" at Audiac. We sent them a set of replacement PCB's. When we receive the other ones back we will be able to figure out the problem. Typically it is just a bad solder joint.

As far as the Thesycon driver is concerned, almost certainly your problem is that you have the ASIO4ALL driver installed also. As noted on the website and also the post just above, this will create a conflict that can cause your computer to stop operating.

PLEASE be sure to uninstall the ASIO4ALL driver (and any other sound card drivers you have added to the system -- it is fine to leave the drivers installed for a laptop with a built-in sound card) BEFORE you try reinstalling the Thesycon driver.

We only recommend two programs for music playback on Windows -- either J.River or Foobar. If you are using J.River, select WASAPI Event Style output for the best sound. If you are using Foobar, go to Preferences, Output, and select the Ayre USB device from the drop-down menu.

These steps should solve all of the problems you have experienced. I am certain that there was a conflict between ASIO4ALL and the Thesycon driver. We made the instructions on the website before the Thesycon driver was available and the unit only operated in Class 1 Audio up to 96 kHz. There are some pages in our instructions recommending its use, and telling how to install it. This information is obsolete and we need to remove it from the website. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.