Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: They are the result of some combination of poor or defective equipment, cabling, or system setup.

"They are likely the result of pretty good equipment, not working well together, or possibly mis-applied. Where with such an amazing disparity in "world view" amongst designers, - what is good for one person, is "different" for another. Hence, Krell vs Cary. Two great designs, - but very different sounding."

I think we agree when it comes to equipment not working together properly. That's what I mean by "system setup". One can mix and match excellent components and the result may be poor, but this is the fault of the person assembling the system.

""There is not going to be a substantial improvement possible in my system.""

I measure the quality of system playback by the difference that I hear between live performance of acoustic music with recordings of similar music. Since this difference is small with my present system, there aren't going to be what I would call "large" improvements possible. Of course there can be small improvements, but at some point a music lover has to stop making small improvements to playback and get on with acquiring and listening to music.

With non-acoustic music there is no such reference and one never knows how much further "improvement" is possible. However, this is inapplicable in my case because I seldom listen to this type of music and generally do my best to avoid listening to it at all.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.