Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I have to Agree With Fmak and Carcass

I have used every OS available in every set up I can imagine and have always heard differences, some of which were huge....none were so small that a slight tilt of a speaker could resolve.

This type of inquiry is known as Qualitative Research, were the researcher investigates what is felt or perceived by those being researched. In Qualitative research the researcher is not supposed to project their own notion of what 'they think' is real into the research but take information provided by the informants as real. In this case we have two groups that perceive different things.

At this point we can use Quantitative Research to hold some of the variables constant while manipulating one in order to find the true cause. We might even include the group that does not perceive significant changes in sound to increase the sample size.

In the World of Audio...everything is subject to the DBT. Funny how audio-enthusiasts let a test determine reality. In the real world science is interested in discovering reality not ruling it out, as what a DBT would do. DBT says, lets have a group of people listen while we run some tests and at the end either we hear it or not, the DBT is the law of reality. Good thing the world does not use DBT otherwise many of the fine nuances of life would not be recognized and only the large macro aspects perceived by the greatest number of people would be real.

The point is, this small discussion and debating back and forth trying to use deductive reasoning to make specific claims based off of general observations does not amount to anything. Neither side will concede to the other.

Edits: 07/10/12 07/10/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.