Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: "I'm keeping my iPad though"

I'm keeping mine too, even though I'm not fond of Apple, the company, the products, the stores, the fans, especially the fans, the hype, the concept...

So why am I "sending this from my iPad"?

Because I'm driven by what things can do, what value they deliver to me, not advertising or the corporation's goodness or badness. For me over the years PC's, starting with the very first one, have delivered the goods while Apples haven't, but the goods I need and value are of not necessarily congruent with those of other users. For instance Apples did what teachers needed with far less strain than PCs. They were bombarded with advertising to make them believe that, but it was also true. Now we all use little Lisas, Jobs, and more accurately Xerox, were right.

I bought this for HW reasons, I was tired of fan and hd failures on laptops and also wanted to try the tablet format and this was the cheapest thing in the store that had reasonable capabilities. But what I really want is XP on a tablet. Maybe next go-round?

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.