Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Ugly marketing literature does not make your case.

The linked reference is ugly marketing hype. The copy is borderline unethical. One should sell by promoting the virtues of one's product, not by denigrating one's competitor's. Some of the statements are false as well:

"This fabrication process can not create parts like the 1% tolerant metal film resistor, or the super stable silver mica capacitor (please see table above to compare how discrete parts are different to their intergraded substitute) Since they are all connected (hence integrated) they can not be individually tested and matched."

A well known technique is to laser trim the components of an IC. There are many patents on various ways of doing this that go back to the 1970's, as can be readily seen by a simple search of the US Patent data base.

Burson may (or may not) produce good sounding products and their engineers may or may not be competent and ethical, but their marketing department and by extension senior management are unethical. Accordingly, I would not do business with them based on this single web page.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.