Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Missing Audio Files in iTunes Question

There is no little symbol until I click to play the file and then discover there is no audio file associated with it. I've been careful to keep three back-up copies (two at home and one at work) and all three show slightly different sizes and the number of files. The problem I have is with the Seagate HD's I use I think. I just can't copy my whole iTunes folder from drive to drive without it freezing up after a half dozen hours or so (my library is a little over 20,000 uncompressed .WAV files). I think I found a way to do this by just trying to bring over a couple hundred gig at a time instead of the whole folder. What I found last time is it froze up after copying 'The Faces' folder so I started with the next artist folder. However I discovered while it had 'The Faces' folder in the music folder it only had five of the six faces albums inside the folder but all six listed in the database, hence no audio for one of them (but also no symbol showing that until I clicked to play a cut from the missing album). It take some time this way but I think it'll work on making sure everything gets copied and backed up from HD to HD. Yes, I've turned off all 'savers', etc so the only thing I can figure is it's a Seagate thing with the 2-TB HD's or the Seagate software manager.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.