Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Just to clarify

I'm not sure where you are coming from on this topic fmak. The link you posted was from a customer in Holland and he had no problems at all with the Thesycon driver. Instead there is something wrong with the hardware in that unit. It's hard for me to diagnose from 6,000 miles away but I have never heard of this problem before. My best guess would be that the ribbon cable to the display has come loose in shipping, but that is just a guess.

The Thesycon driver has always worked extremely well with no problems. The original poster for this thread (JeffH) didn't have any problems with the driver at all. He called the factory for assistance and the problem was simply that the switch on the rear of the unit was set for Class 2 Audio (High Speed, capable of at least 16 channels of 192/24) which requires the Thesycon driver when used with Windows instead of Class 1 Audio (Full Speed, limited to 96 kHz). My understanding is that he hadn't installed the Thesycon driver and Windows was sending everything over at 96 kHz.

The fact that the unit has a sample-rate display alerted him to the fact that something was amiss. One of our technicians helped him with the setup and everything is working fine for him now. He posted his experiences at the link below:

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.