Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

A big thanks to those at Ayre

The QB9 is sounding wonderful!

Thank you Charles Hansen! Great job on a marvelous sounding, well balanced DAC.

Thank you Ryan at Ayre for walking me though QB9, Windows 7 and JRiver setups. Ryan also called me back many hours later to make sure everything was right. Good job!

BTW, virtually all the setup requirements, including Win7 and JRiver is on the Ayre website. I just didn't click on the right links. My fault!

Thank you Tim Miner at Pacific Audio and Video for allowing me to audition the QB9. Tim hand delivered the QB9 to me, along with a rather upscale USB cable to check out. Tim and all at Pacific Audio are very nice and accommodating. You can listen there for hours without any sales pressure!

The Ayre QB9 fills the spot of my Wadia CDP. Both are nicely balanced and present the music in a "just sounds right" manner. I read some posts/blogs/whatever that the QB9 lacked bass. No way! Just like my Wadia I find it presents the low end truthfully and cleanly. No, I have not auditioned other DAC's, but I auditioned plenty of good quality CDP's before going with the Wadia. Just like the Wadia, the QB9 makes you want to do nothing all day but listen to music!

Edits: 07/02/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - A big thanks to those at Ayre - JeffH 15:30:55 07/02/12 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.