Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Sorry, not enough information.

We can't say why you are getting different sound. You have changed many things at once, making it difficult to logically isolate a cause. You haven't described all the components in your system, making it difficult to guess based on experience. At the absolute minimum we need to know what kind of DAC you are using and how you are connecting this DAC to the computer. Note that correctly configured software (OS, driver, player) does not have any sound by itself. It has sound only in conjunction with hardware, which includes all the electronics in your audio chain.

It is possible with more information that some of us might be able to come up with a SWAG that could save you time. Even so, you will still have to do some careful experimentation, i.e. a sequence of small changes to the system, each followed by careful observation.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sorry, not enough information. - Tony Lauck 07:57:38 07/02/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.