Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Will do

Here are some helpful hints (hopefully) since I have a similar setup. You definitely shouldn't be getting 24/96 for all material. Either Windows is doing it or JRiver is.

In JRiver:

Tools > Options > Output Mode - make sure WASAPI or WASAPI Event Style is selected.

I'd tell you to select Tools > Options > Output Mode Settings, but if you're getting sound through the DAC, that device has to be selected find.

Make sure all the DSP Studio options are turned off.

There's a new handy feature in MC17 with this little "tools" icon that's over to the top left, just to the right and a little down from the Search box. You'll see three icons there -- hover your mouse over the right-most one when music is playing. It will tell you what Output Mode is selected and if JRiver is manipulating the signal (i.e., upsampling, etc.). There was a time when a writer of ours was experiencing something similar and, sure enough, somehow he turned on an option in JRiver that had it upsampling all signals to a certain frequency.

My bet is that you'll find something there. As soon as WASAPI is selected properly and no DSP options are on, there should be a clear path to the DAC and 44.1 should play through the QB9 as 44.1.

Report back if not.

Doug Schneider
SoundStage! Network

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Will do - Doug Schneider 19:21:00 06/30/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.