Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

agreed

I'm all in that adding mass to a component can affect the sound.

I'm more skeptical that crystals near them can have an effect but I suppose it is possible.

However, MD claims they work their magic in the room. "On the floor in room corners, Large size Brilliant Pebbles reduces comb filter effects caused by very high sound pressure levels that develop in the corners when music is playing."

I especially enjoy his claim that they replaced the original glass jars with ziplock bags because the bags are "more linear."

At first I thought what he meant was ziplock bags are a hell of a lot cheaper than the bottles, but I'm sure he tested the linearity of a variety of containers before settling on ziplocks. From reading his papers he seems to be well rooted in the scientific method and a very thorough researcher.

You know that anybody who can develop a wristwatch that transforms the sound of a concert hall must be brilliant. My local hall was pretty dismal until a group of us got together and bought the watches. Now if you close your eyes it sounds like Symphony hall in Boston, unless of course they are wearing the watches too which would take it to another level.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • agreed - bwb 17:10:18 06/15/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.