Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Fans, razor blades, and vacuum tubes-NO

None of my audio equipment has fans, just my computer equipment. It is entirely practical to move this equipment into another room, and this is precisely what is done in most recording studios.

If one is worried about control there are various solutions that can handle this, including LAN remote desktops, networked KDM switches, cell phone APs, etc. The other problem is getting the signal to the speakers. This can be done in many different ways, of which the simplest is just to have the audio electronics in the "machine room" use speaker wires. Solving these two problems will be less expensive tweak devices and have the benefit of being grounded in "standard" science as well as the practical world of professional audio.

Years ago I had my entire stereo system except speakers in a separate room from the listening room and this worked very well from a sound quality perspective as well as an exercise perspective, as they were on different floors.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Fans, razor blades, and vacuum tubes-NO - Tony Lauck 09:14:00 06/15/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.