Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Thinking Outside the Box - SB - Touch

The Touch pretty much is that kind of HW which IMO challenges a CMP2 setup. CMP2 many people regard as kind of reference setup.
The CMP2 guys try to strip a normal PC down since years to achieve a HW-level comparable to a Touch. Why should I switch to a normal PC??

The Touch comes at a fragment of cost. And today even USB works quite well.

I tried Squeezeslave and Squeezeplay as well as mpd and pretty much all the other players out there on a PC under Windows and realtime Linux. ( As you know that's what I did first in the early days)

I also tried Squeezeslave (the arm version) instead fo Squeezeplay on the Touch btw.

IMO all streaming clients suffer a major problem compared to audiophile players.

Flac offline decoding and RAM playback is not part of the feature list.
That'll give you a hard time to beat a top level audiophile player.

Even server based decoding on a streaming system is not solving the realtime flac decoding issue. WAV still sounds better.

I think it is better to look for a better audio interface, instead of trying to fix the PC/transport setup.

Hint: Have a look at Vortexbox/Vortexboxplayer and their forum. Over there you'll find instructions of to setup squeezplay/squeezeslave asf.

Good luck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

blog latest >> The Audio Streaming Series - tuning kit pCP

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thinking Outside the Box - SB - Touch - soundchekk 01:06:02 06/11/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.