Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Some Progress...

Hi again,

I had some progress with disabling hyper-threading and removing the "SRS sound premium driver that came along the VIA driver (SRS makes some sound processing ... that sounds odd!).
These settings allowed me to to run Cplay at 96kHZ, and 192 kHz with some glitches.(Strange thing is that I had to make several Cplay trails before it worked).

Then I enabled back the input channels in ASIO4ALL just to try ... and then surprisingly (to me) I can have Cplay to run at 192 kHz without glitches!

What still worries me is what you mention: downsampling by the mobo. maybe this happens after CPlay ? So would you know a way to monitor this?

Otherwise I went to see Serge's site. I saw his DPC latency of 1µS ... Far from th 50µS I have on my set up!

The next issue I am facing is that I have tried this morning to resintall XP pro, but now I get the blue screen when reading the installation CD!
Another few hours to spend I presume to solve the issue.

For the Auzentech soundcard, I found that review of Presto (link at the bootm), which is more or less what I want to do and Presto seems satisfied with ASIO & Crossover. So I'll probably go for it soon.

Many Thanks for your comments and help Dawnrazor, that helped me keeping trying to go ahead.
I'll see also Serge's site in depth, probably a lot to learn there.

Laurent

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.