Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: New GA-H77M-D3H: issues with resampling.

Hi D.,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I ran DPC latency checker. Results seems good, see image below. What do you think ?

Regarding the soundcard, at the moment it is effectively onboard audio. I will buy the soundcard and make the dedicated CMP² PC later on (but in the meantime I want to play with settings and then to be able to make IIR or FIR filtering for multiamp). I know onboard ship will give poorer results (however the onboard one is supposed not to be the worst one (SNR claimed to be 108 or 110dB)).

IRQ : I see the audio has got IRQ no 22, it is not shared with another device. I understand this is OK.

Regarding settings, I am using the settings I had put in place when I was using the previous mobo/processor (Asus & Pentium D 915). I just changed mobo & processor and kept the HDD as is. The HDD had Two Windows boot: A first one almost fully optimized for CMP² and a second one for internet, pictures, etc. It happens that the second boot is fully operational (appart from this little audio problem...) while the first boot (which opens automacially with the CMp screen) is completely locked and then unusable now.

... Maybe I need to start the a complete reinstallation of Windows of redo the settings (at least for the boot dedicated to CMp)??

I 'll try that next WE if I have some time to spare.

You also mention : "So cplay is doing 96k and the mobo is downsampling to 48k" However, I can reach 192kHz with foobar but not with ASIO, so ...?

Laurent

Edits: 05/10/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.