Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Resources?

This is Microsoft lingo, not standard computer science terminology.

Microsoft being only a bit player in modern computing was, of course, why I was careful to use a cap "R" for Resources and wrote "in this context". As the OP made it clear that the context was Windows XP, my use of the term was perfectly legitimate.

Your being too lazy to look anything up before posting cheap remarks? Not so much.

Of little use except to Microbrains.

Gosh. Are scientists and engineers always this ungracious when they lose an argument?

Tell us how it affects sound quality in non-voodo terms

Yup, seems they are. Well, some of them. OK, OK, two of them.

In short and FWIW, my take on the "slimming" initiative is that a small, informal team has done something just a little bit special that hasn't been done before which might turn out to be a worthwhile contribution to PC audio.

That so-called professional "scientists and engineers" prefer noisily to dismiss its efforts rather than evaluate them properly let alone (so help me, the very idea, Well I'll be damned, whatever next, FFS, etc etc) lend some of their expertise is sad but not surprising.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.