Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: You are NOT alone, but impatience and

The problem is that you are working with a close-source operating system and can have no actual understanding of what these "unnecessary" processes are and how they affect the sound.

I didn't mention "processes", necessary or otherwise; I talked of Resources, a different thing altogether. Neither you nor fmak seems to know what a "Resource" is in this context.

This kind of tweaking is what technicians and repairmen do, not engineers or scientists.

If the engineers had done their job properly in the first place (as you repeat ad nauseam, they haven't), OS config "tweaks" aimed at getting the best out of PC audio would largely be unnecessary. As it is, they go with the territory.

However, expert critics (such as you) typically give us rather more by way of theoretical "explanation" than practical guidance beyond, perhaps, a few banal remarks about disabling AV software.

As this is nominally a hobbyist site, this is a handicap.

It has fallen to those further down the food chain (many of whom, incidentally, are rather better informed about pertinent topics than you credit) to address the issue as best they can. As ever, the first steps are, almost by definition, groping the dark.

It may be useful, but it's limited.

That's the sort of vacuous remark that reads well at a glance but, on examination, turns out to mean little.

I'll reply to fmak shortly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.