Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: You are NOT alone, but impatience and

''I can offer assurances based on experience, not speculation, that a system using an industrial-quality CPU c/w a good linear power supply and configured as you suggest benefits greatly from the measures Serge and others describe under the general heading of "OS Slimming".''

Nobody disputes this, but you cannot convince using 'evidence' unless you have experience of a variety high end plyback systems.

The issue is:

How far does one go with disabling hundreds of tabs and for what valid reason? What is software jitter? The assertions and erroneous 'jitter' measurements that are contained in the cics papers certainly do not explain the change of sound quality for the better, which is confined to experiences with one player with more than 39 versions written for 4 or more different operating characteristics of cpus.

A simple demonstration of what I and others have said, is simply that KS and Exclsuive Mode offer different sound qualities from ASIO. The player buffer size also affects sound quality. With such variables. how can inmates claim that cMP and cPlay offer optimisation of playback from a PC system? Also, such 'optimisations via minimisations' for best SQ is directly contradicted by MAC users with 'power' computers, high end audio replay equipment, and who have access to a wide range of players designed for audio.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.