Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Six Years Ago - me too

Bill this is like the pre superbowl hype where pundits tell you what they think will happen, who will win, etc. They are very knowledgeable and make great points.

But none of that matters when the game starts. If the game differs from what the pundits say, well the game is what matters. Cics recipe works in my system and according to the threads on many other inmates systems too.

Broccoli and kids Bill.

"Can I explain credibly why the claims are valid?" and "What repeatable experiments have I done to verify those claims?"

Probably not to your satisfaction. Trying the recipe and reverting and hearing a difference is not enough for you I suppose. But IMHO that is enough. YMMV

THough I can tell you that underclocking is an improvement and is demonstrable. I can hear it in my pedestrian headphone rig. For instance a quirk with my headphone cmp2 system is that you can set it to 960mhz and it will keep that setting for a while, often for weeks. But out of the blue it will reset to 1.6ghz. I never see the boot up screen and often just pick albums at random (it is connected to my main monitor with a switch box and it is easier to just pick stuff randomly). I have had sessions where things just dont sound as good and everytime I check, the thing has reset to 1.6ghz. It is pretty clear in the bios when you reboot if it is resetting or if it is just loading the same setting it had before. So it is easy to know if it reset before I rebooted or during. Anyhow it is pretty clear that I can hear when it is playing at 1.6 vs 960mhz even without knowing what the setting is beforehand. There is a smoothness to the bass and a warmth that is missing at the higher cpu setting.

I think it would be fairly easy to test a clean install vs a tweaked install to see the difference. I usually dont bother making copies but I do plan to move to a different mobo and cpu and can try to do that test.

You mention that cics claims are credible but somehow say you dont comment on the sound??? This is bunk. If you think the claims arent credible then that IS a comment on the sound. Certainly you are not saying that uncredible claims can some how produce an improved sound???

To me the proof is in the listening. You havent listened so how you know things are credible I'll never know.

i am on vacation tomorrow in Napa and will most likely quickly forget this whole thing and the asylum. So post if you want just dont expect a reply. I have concluded that it is pointless anyhow. I am talking about real sound quality in a real system and you are talking about theory. So we will never meet. The game is over and cics won even if the pundits said he never would...

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.