Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Six Years Ago - me too

> The clear meaning of your use of 'religion' and 'road to Damascus" in
> what you said was that what he hears and believes is a result of
> ideology and passion and not more objective and dispassionate
> observation and clear-headed description such as yours.

From four words I wrote you built a lot of inferences. Your inferences are not my words.

My reply to Mercman was just about a bit of forum history. I explained why I was amused by the sentence in Dawnrazor's post in my next post. That was the clear context of those posts. There was no more detail about the cics approach and no mention of any other approach.

Subsequent exchanges in this thread were initiated by Dawnrazor's and then by Rylands' remarks. I tried to reply logically to what they wrote. Most of those posts were about general issues. I don't see much that is specific to the cics approach or any other approach in those posts.

> It still seems to me you said it is either your way or it is BS.

I expect that what I write will stand or fall on its merits. I expect that what other peoples' posts will also stand or fall on those merits.

Dawnrazor was free to reply to anything I said with his knowledge and reason. So was Rylands.

I didn't call anybody names or label anything BS. I presented my point of view with the knowledge and reason I possessed. In particular, I did not make assumptions about hidden meanings in what Dawnrazor or Rylands wrote.

> If you want to say now that is not what you believe then fine,
> but I don't see validity in a claim it is not what you wrote.

My posts have been simple and to the point. If you choose to put your own interpretation on them, I can't stop you. However, I won't accept your inventions as representing what I said.

Bill

my blog: http://carsmusicandnature.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Six Years Ago - me too - Old Listener 23:02:29 04/24/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.