Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Six Years Ago - me too

I was struck by the second sentence I quoted from your post in 2006:

----
Since I went the computer audio route, I am no longer in search for a "better source".
---

I'd say that your conversion to the cics religion represented a further search for a "better source".

> I am guessing that you never tried it but just dismissed it based
> on your computer experience.

I'm guessing that you have not tried the tweaks proposed by the Belts or some of the other extremely unlikely tweaks floating around. Do you have a personal BS filter that makes you skeptical of some tweaks?

The cics tweaks might or might not work. The explanations that cics presented early on were not convincing to me.

I followed my own path observing the effect of changes to the the OS configuration on what the computer was doing. I did listen to see if I heard any differences along the way. I heard nothing that required me to abandon or significantly revise my personal BS filter.

> Still have the same awful pci dac :)

I still use a PCI card on my MusicPC. A good PCI card with a clean ASIO driver and player software that can output to ASIO is still a simple, effective recipe for a successful PC audio system. Especially for a Win XP system.

Bill

my blog: http://carsmusicandnature.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.