Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Six Years Ago - me too

Hey Bill,

I still stand by that statement. Compared to disk, for me computer is the better source, and FWIW the hardware has remained pretty much the same once I ditched the via based system. Still have the same awful pci dac :)

Though I do find myself pondering a better dac some days. That said I think I can put that money toward other parts of the system and get a bigger return.

Speakers for one is an area of improvement.

Sure, I converted. If you remember I did TRY the recipe basically to debunk it and since I had much better results that way I jumped in. I recall making the os changes and listening and the amazement I had at what happened to the sound, and how real and 3d the images had become.

I am guessing that you never tried it but just dismissed it based on your computer experience. FWIW its the ones who never tried it that have the issues with cics approach. I hope I am wrong and you tried it, but I certainly dont remember a post to that effect. maybe I missed it??

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.