Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Obvious differences, blind tests and white lies

"The Blind Test was pretty much a joke. When the Base is on, it is so obvious that you would need to have a hearing impediment not to be able to pick it out."

Have you done any double blind tests? I ask this not to doubt that you hear something, but rather because of your remark. It's been my personal experience that differences that "obviously" require a "hearing test" often become inaudible as soon as one partakes of a blind test. I remember some blind tests conducted by Brad Meyer in which everything sounded the same and as the test continued everything started to sound like s****.

As to others hearing the same thing, this is what one would expect from guests in one's home. I've equivocated on more than one occasion during an audio demonstration when I was a guest. There are at least two good psychological reasons for this. People avoid conflict. People also are unwilling to admit that they aren't hearing something that others are reporting.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.