Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: How does it work? What does it do?If

"one reads the Patent abstract, this tells nothing."

Perhaps you should read further?

As utility patents go, I think it's fairly good. One of the main goals is to provide enough information to allow someone skilled in the art to reproduce the implementation and have it exhibit the stated characteristics. There is no onus on the applicant to chase the mechanisms down to root cause however there is a risk if they don't in that there may be other, possibly even better ways to implement the device that won't be covered by the patent.

I think I can build a version of the power "conditioner" from the information disclosed and probably have the materials on hand so it's tempting. I'm awaiting with baited breath for further results from our test facility down by the border...

If you bring yourself to actually read the patent tell me what you think of the part that starts with "it is known", I don't have it in front of me but it's short so I'm sure you will find it.

Of course this thing is NOT the device patented but is perhaps a logical and obvious extension of it. If not he has to patent this one separately. One thing that's different between our patents and yours is that we can patent stuff that has already been on the market for up to a year prior to filling where you guys have to do it before initial release so there may be more interesting things to come.

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.