Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Okay nice

Most audiophiles tend to focus on several things when listening. It is vey difficult for anyone to analyze every component of the total music experience that we are hearing. In medicine we have a specific language that allows one physician to communicate with another. I'm afraid that we don't have a standard language in our hobby that is as descriptive and universally accepted as in medicine. Gordon Holt and Harry Pearson did a great deal to try to describe what they actually were hearing and develop a descriptive vocabulary. If you go back to 1970, audio publications like Stereo Review simply used measurements that failed to describe differences in the sound of components. If two amps measured the same in harmonic distortion, Julian Hirsch felt that the amps were similar sounding.

Remember, I am not a professional reviewer and I don't try to pretend that I am. I just try damn hard to describe what I am hearing.

As for the Synergistic Research Tranquility Base, I think we were lucky to get one of the first production models. Our little forum presented the first review.

Edits: 03/23/12 03/23/12 03/23/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.